I have dreamed of this trail, religiously every night. It must mean something! Right? And the more I talk about it, the more excited I get. The photojournalism alone would be worth all that mileage on these feet.
I started today by changing my eating habits to coincide with how many times a day I will be eating when I get out there. Also started my workout program. I hike long distances every weekend but would like to add mileage. As the most I have hiked has been 28 miles in one day but to be fair it wasn't a full day. So obviously, I need to bring up my mileage. Also, I do great on the straight and even and downhill but give me an incline that lasts for more than half an hour and it really takes it out of me. My muscles are long and it is hard to stop my gazelle pace on the inclines so I definitely need more training in that arena.
Then there is mapping the trail, finding water spots, and resupply stations. Just bought a book online that covers the whole trail. And it's current. Very important detail there. :)
One final detail, I NEED a hiking partner. Now that's going to be tough. My boyfriend has already excluded himself from this adventure. Normally, he is down to try everything I do but this time has declined. I can't understand what the problem is except he has a fear of running into large predatory animals most especially bears and mountain lions. I see his point but as they say on the trail, "If you see a mountain lion, it isn't hunting you. If you're being eaten by a mountain lion, it has hunted you."
And on that note...it is late. Goodnight y'all.

No comments:
Post a Comment